The STLINK-V3MINI is stand-alone debugging and programming mini probe for STM32 microcontrollers.
The JTAG/SWD interfaces are used to communicate with any STM32 microcontroller located on an application board.
The STLINK-V3MINI also provides a Virtual COM port interface allowing the host PC to communicate with the target microcontroller through one UART.
The STLINK-V3MINI is a portable version, easy-to-use debugger/programmer including STDC14 interface with its flat cable.
- Stand-alone probe
- Approximately 15 x 30 mm high-density integration PCB, very small form factor
- Self-powered through a Micro-B USB connector (does not provide power supply to the target application)
- USB 2.0 high-speed compatible interface
- Direct firmware update (DFU) support, to use with more future devices
- JTAG / serial wire debugging (SWD) specific features:
- 3 V to 3.6 V application voltage support and 5 V tolerant inputs
- Delivered with 1.27 mm pitch STDC14 to STDC14 flat cable
- Additional adapter board and 2.54 mm pitch 20-pin JTAG/SWD flat cable (extra accessories from Waveshare)
- SWD and serial wire viewer (SWV) communication support
- Virtual COM port (VCP) specific features:
- 3 V to 3.6 V application voltage support on the UART interface and 5 V tolerant inputs
- VCP frequency up to 15 MHz
- Drag-and-drop Flash programming
- Two color LEDs: communication, power
- Includes STDC14 signals protection
- Keil® MDK-ARM
- IAR™ EWARM
- GCC-based IDEs
- All STM32 MCUs with JTAG / SWD interface
Specification Comparison among Different STLINK Versions
|JTAG/SWD application voltage||3V - 3.6V||3V - 3.6V||1.65V - 3.6V||3V - 3.6V||ST-LINK/V2 supports STM32 low-power devices|
|SWIM application voltage||1.65V - 5.5V||N/A||1.65V - 5.5V||1.65V - 5.5V|| STLINK-V3MINI doesn't support SWIM of STM8|
|SWV support||YES||YES||YES||NO||only available for STM32 at present|
|Debug interface||multi||multi||2||1||STLINK-V3SET/MINI feature GPIO port besides the programming port|
|LED indicator||two colors||two colors||two colors||red color||two colors LED indicates both power and communication, while red color LED indicates only communication|
Note: the STM32 application board in the photo is NOT included.
Connect to PC
The STLINK-V3MINI should be connected to the PC via a USB Micro-B cable.
- Before connecting, install/update the ST-LINK toolset to support the STLINK-V3MINI (drivers)
- STLINK-V3MINI adopts an STM32 F7 microcontroller, supports USB2.0 high speed communication
Connect to STM32 applications
The STLINK-V3MINI can be connected to STM32 target applications on JTAG / SWD interfaces.
- Connection Method A: connect to target application directly via the onboard STDC14 connector.
- Connection Method B: connect to target application via the STLINK-V3MINI Adapter board.
STLINK-V3MINI LED Status
- COM LED is blinking RED: the first USB enumeration with the PC is taking place.
- COM LED is RED: communication between STLINK-V3MINI and the PC is established (end of enumeration).
- COM LED is blinking GREEN/RED: data are being exchanged between the target and the PC.